How to Connect Wavlink Extender to Router?
When it comes to a seamless internet, Wavlink has always been at par. If you want to enjoy blazing-fast internet in every corner of your home, then you need to connect the Wavlink range extender to the router for Wavlink WiFi extender setup. If you have no idea how to connect Wavlink extender to router then worry not. You are in the right place where you are supposed to be. Here, we will discuss step-by-step instructions to connect the devices. So without wasting time let’s start.
Way to Connect Wavlink Extender to Router
Connecting a Wavlink extender to your router is a straightforward process that can significantly improve your Wi-Fi coverage. There are two methods through which you can learn how to connect Wavlink extender. You can choose any method.
1. Using WPS Button
2. Using Manual Method
How to Connect Wavlink Extender to Router via WPS?
Before you commence, make sure that the Wavlink range extender and host router are turned on. Along with that they are placed in the same room. But, neither too close nor too far.
Step 2 Locate the WPS Button
Next, find the WPS button on both the main router and the Wavlink range extender. The button is usually labeled “WPS” or represented by an icon.
Step-3 Hold the WPS button
As soon as you locate the button, press the WPS button on your host router. Now, wait for a couple of seconds till the WPS LED light turns on. This activates the router.
Step-4 Activate WPS Mode
Similarly, detect and hold the WPS button on the Wavlink range extender. Hold on for a little while till the WPS LED light starts blinking. This puts the WiFi range extender into the WPS mode, ready to make a connection with the WiFi router.
Step 5: Wait for the Connection
Once the WPS mode is activated on both devices, they will automatically search for each other and make a secure connection. This process will take a few seconds. Be patient and wait until the WPS LED lights get stabilized on both devices.
In this way, you can connect the Wavlink extender to the host router. But, occasionally, many people are not able to connect the Wi-Fi range extender to the router. If you are also one of them then walk through the section given below.
How to Connect Wavlink Extender Manually?
One of the most basic method to connect the Wavlink range extender to router is through the web GUI.
- First of all, plug the power adapter of the Wavlink extender into an active wall socket. Thereafter, wait for a few seconds till the power LED light turns on.
- Once the power LED light turns on, powered on your client device (laptop, computer, or tablet) and connect it to the extender’s network.
- As soon as your smart device is connected, open any web browser you most often use.
- Once you reach there, head towards to the location bar and type the web address in it. The default web address is wifi.wavlink.com. Just in case, the web URL is not working then use an IP address to access the login page.
- The moment you press the Enter key, the Wavlink extender admin window will display on the screen.
- Here, fill up the login credentials and click on the Login button.
The Final Thoughts
With that! We are concluding the guide written on how to connect Wavlink extender to router. We expect that with the help of this post you can easily connect the wireless devices. Also, ensure that you are being careful while connecting WiFi range extender to router. Sometimes, being too clumsy can make you end up in situations where you don’t want to be.